Drain-Free Tummy Tuck in Shreveport
Have you thought about getting a tummy tuck, but have concerns about the recovery? Are you worried about the discomfort and inconvenience of drains, drain-related scarring, a slower return to your daily routine, or long lengths of time away from work?
We are pleased to announce that we are now TissuGlu® Drain-Free Certified, and able to provide you with a drain-free tummy tuck experience. TissuGlu Surgical Adhesive is the first and only FDA-approved synthetic surgical adhesive approved for internal use. It creates a strong, secure bond between tissues, helping to facilitate natural healing so you can recover without drains. In a clinical study, those who had TissuGlu returned to everyday activities (showering, driving, returning to work) sooner without the discomfort, inconvenience, and scarring associated with drains.
We invite you to consult with us today to see how we can transform your tummy tuck experience with a Shreveport Drain-Free Certified tummy tuck specialists. Call 310-608-4499 for a consultation.
TissuGlu® Surgical Adhesive is indicated for the approximation of tissue layers where subcutaneous dead space exists between the tissue plane in abdominoplasty.
Do not use in patients with known or suspected allergies to urethane-based or isocyanate-containing products.
Meet Your Surgeon
- Do not use TissuGlu® Surgical Adhesive in patients who have had prior exposure to TissuGlu®. Immunological response associated with repeat TissuGlu® exposure has not been studied.
- The effectiveness for the treatment of patients with BMI > 28 has not been established. Higher BMI patients have a propensity for fluid accumulation and may have an increased risk of seroma formation.
- Effectiveness was not observed in weight loss patients undergoing abdominoplasty. Weight loss patients have a propensity for fluid accumulation and may have an increased risk of seroma formation and aspiration.
TissuGlu® may reduce the need for drains after surgery. By using TissuGlu® instead of drains, you may:
- Return to normal activities more quickly
- Experience less discomfort and pain than when drains are used
- Have fewer invasive treatments for fluid management. The results showed that 73% of TissuGlu® patients had no treatments after surgery. However, some patients did require additional invasive treatments including reinsertion of drains.
Clinical studies were performed using TissuGlu®. There were no increased safety risks with the use of TissuGlu® than when drains were used. Potential complications associated with the use of the device and the tummy tuck procedures include seroma (fluid) formation. These complications may require treatments such as drain placement and/or fluid removal by needle, which may be performed in the operating room. Additional potential complications include wound healing issues, rash/redness, surgical site or incision infection, scarring, hematoma (bruise or swelling), incision separation, and immunological reaction.
For full safety information please visit https://tissuglu.com, contact your doctor, or call Cohera Customer Support at 1-800-641-7458.